cpd workshops in ecological planning
our core skills
EPR has developed a series of training events tailored to our clients and centred on ecology in the UK planning system and the construction and development industries.
The workshops are designed to help our clients avoid, or at least plan for, potentially significant ecological issues associated with planning and construction, and could also count towards CPD provision for the year for members of professional institutions.
The workshops can cover specific in depth topics that may be particularly pertinent to project issues you are currently facing, but we can also deliver more general workshops covering a wider range of issues. Some of our recent workshops to planners, developers and Local Planning Authorities have covered:
- Ecological Impact Assessment
- Habitats Regulations Assessments (including Appropriate Assessments).
- Ecology in Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Protected species (policy, legislation, licensing and programming)
- Habitats and Ancient Woodland
- Biodiversity Offsetting
- Ecological Clerk of Works and Wildlife on the Construction Site
If you have a particular ecological issue that you would like to explore in a bespoke workshop please get in touch, and we will draw up a suitable event.
We are very flexible on location and could either come to you or run the workshop at EPR Offices.